Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2009

New FriendFeed layout, but there is a fix...

FriendFeed is the missing link between social [bookmarking|news|...] and IRC (#cdk on irc.freenode.net); I quite like it. Anyway, as of today, they have a new layout, and that I do not like. No more icons for feed types, and big avatar photo's. Really, I *know* what my fellow blogger look like (even met many of them in London last year). The rest of the layout is a bit too colourful for my taste.

Fortunately, Neil posted three very useful GreaseMonkey script to clean stuff (and since I use those to link science databases and resources anyway, see Christmas Presents and DOI:10.1186/1471-2105-8-487): FriendFeed Service Icons, Cleaner FriendFeed, and Remove avatars from Friendfeed beta. The last may require the script target websites to no longer point to the beta server, but the real thing. However, by the time you read this, the script may already be updated.

After installing these, my FriendFeed page looks better again: