Pages

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Keeping my Bioclipse repositories in sync with upstream

Bioclipse is now split up over several Git repositories (and some additional stuff in even more repositories). This has all to do with each repository now having one person acting as point-of-access. This means that I have several repositories checked out, which I need to keep synchronized. Now, I am pretty sure there are many solutions (and suggestions very welcome!), but this is the Bash script I have just written to give me an overview of the state of my repositories, hoping it may be useful to others too:
#!/bin/bash

PLUGINS=`ls -1`

for PLUGIN in $PLUGINS
do
        echo "***************************************************************** $PLUGIN"
        cd $PLUGIN; git fetch origin; git status; cd ..
done