Pages

Saturday, December 07, 2013

SPARQL endpoint uptime

Ever since I upgraded to Virtuoso OS 7.0 I have had trouble keeping the SPARQL endpoint at Uppsala University for the ChEMBL-RDF v13 data online (see doi:10.1186/1758-2946-5-23; ChEMBL is CC-BY-SA by the Overington team). It seems I am not getting all the settings right, or not as right as for VOS6 which ran for more than two years without the same downtime issues.

Pierre-Yves Vandenbussche operated a cool uptime service that monitored a SPARQL endpoint at set times and reported on this via a webpage but also a RSS feed. This project now found a new home and renewed development by Pierre-Yves, with the Open Knowledge Foundation:


It looks great, and looking forward to a reinstated RSS feature in a later version. But besides uptime, the new service also reports about SPARQL 1.0 and 1.1 support, though I am not sure how the testing works, because I cannot imaging VOS7 does not support the full of SPARQL 1.1. This is the report for my SPARQL endpoint for ChEMBL-RDF: