Pages

Sunday, July 06, 2014

#JChemInf Volume 5 as PDF on @FigShare

One of the things I do to prepare for holiday, is get some reading stuff together. I haven't finished Gödel, Escher, Bach yet (a suggested from the blogosphere), with a bit of luck there are new chapters of HPMOR, and I normally try to catch up with literature. One advantage of Open Access is that you can remix. So, I created a single PDF of all JChemInf Vol. 5 articles (last year I did volumes 1, 2, 3, and 4). This PDF is about 75 MB in size, and therefore fits on most smartphones. The PDF has an index, but doesn't have entries for each paper, but jumping from abstract to abstract works fine. It has a bit over fifty peer-reviewed papers.

Another advantage of Open Access is that you can reshare. And so I did, and the volumes are available from FigShare:
  1. JChemInf Vol.1
  2. JChemInf Vol.2
  3. JChemInf Vol.3
  4. JChemInf Vol.4
  5. JChemInf Vol.5
Of course, a clear downside it, is that it interferes with #altmetrics. And, I am wondering if a similar thing can be done with ePubs.