Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

PubChemRDF: semantic web access to PubChem data

Gang Fu and Evan Bolton have blogged about it previously, but their PubChemRDF paper is out now (doi:10.1186/s13321-015-0084-4). It very likely defines the largest collection of RDF triples using the CHEMINF ontology and I congratulate the authors with a increasingly powerful PubChem database.

With this major provider of Linked Open Data for chemistry now published, I should soon see where my Isbjørn stands. The release of this publication is also very timely with respect to the CHEMINF ontology, as I last week finished a transition from Google to GitHub, by moving the important wiki pages, including one about "Where is the CHEMINF ontology used?". I already added Gang's paper. A big thanks and congratulations to the PubChem team and my sincere thanks to have been able to contribute to this paper.