Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Pimped website: HTML5, still with RDFa, restructuring and a slidebar!

My son did some HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and jQuery courses at Codecademy recently. Good for me: he pimped my personal website:


Of course, he used GitHub and pull requests (he had been using git for a few years already). His work:

  • fixed the columns to properly resize
  • added a section with my latest tweets
  • added menus for easier navigating the information
  • made section fold and unfold (most are now folded by default)
  • added a slide bar, which I use to highlight some recent output
Myself, I upgraded the website to HTML5. It used to be XHTML, but it seems XHTML+RDFa is not really established yet; or, at least, there is no good validator. So, it's now HTML5+RDFa (validation report; currently one bug). Furthermore, I updated the content and gave the first few collaborators ORCID ids, which are now linked as owl:sameAs in the RDF to the foaf:Person (RDF triples extracted from this page).